4. Collect Emails for Marketing
A blog is a great way to earn trust with your customers, as well as readers who stumbled across your site via search engines, and in turn you can ask for their email address if they want more information.
This is important in a number of ways.
- Send out updates to bring people back to your website
- Future promotions
- Offer exclusive deals or offers not made public
- Create “lookalike audiences” for Social Media advertising (I will write more about this soon)
- Emails can be forwarded easily to friends of subscribers
- Keep track of open rates and click-through rates on emails. Gives good statistics of what is working for your promotions